5/16/11

The Dangers of riding a horse

Yesterday, I was riding one of our horses, Gracie.  She is a 10 year old, paint.  Shes a wonderful horse, but shes the alpha mare, in the pasture, so she thinks she rules everything.  I was riding around in our back pasture, and was working on cantering.  I thought she was ready to start working on stuff other then walking and trotting.  I had already cantered her a little, I was going around a tree, and she decided she was going to act up.  She started bucking, and I went flying off the saddle.  Hit the ground, only to have landed on my side... I bruised my hip really bad, and hurt my ribs.  Most likely broke a Rib, or bruised it really bad too. So im going to start working Gracie, on trotting and groundwork then when I feel the time is right I will try and canter her again.

Thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're hurt! I love what you've done with your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete